Our garden maintenance programs are reflective of your garden’s needs, your expectations and your budget. A combination of our timely observations, suggestions for improvement, response to requests, and generally positive dispositions make us special. Some things that are true for all of our client’s gardens:
- seasonally-determined, custom fertilizers
- organic pest control
- efficient, well-planned irrigation systems
- building healthy gardens from the soil up, using organic mulch & microbially-active soil ammendments
- selecting plants for seasonal display, based on our plant knowledge of what will really work
- working with a select community of qualified arborists, irrigation specialists, builders, architects, and even window-washers
- staging projects to fit your budget
- keeping notes in your Humanature garden journal to track fertilizing and pest control schedules
Our artful eye and technical expertise set us apart as a holistic landscape maintenance solution.
Our sustainable gardening practice informs all of our designs. We attend classes, tours, groups & workshops year-round in order to satisfy our curiosity for the art and science of garden building. Carefully designing gardens that will be practical to build, as well as having a solid knowledge of budgetary concerns make us a real asset as a design-build company. We are licensed, bonded, and insured landscape contractors, who work intelligently with other subcontractors to bring the varied artisanal elements of our designs to fruition. Elements like low-voltage lighting, water features, patios, arbors, and fireplaces are completed with the appropriate technical knowledge to make them subtle, artful, and long-lasting.
The design process is tailored to communicate garden plans through simple perspective sketches and plant lists, all the way to hand-rendered plans and section-elevations to communicate with other contractors. Our design technique reflects your decision-making process, and the scale and budget of the project overall. For all our design clients, a few things are always true:
- Meet for an initial 1-hr. visit to walk around your property, take inventory, make notes about your objectives, and answer questions about how we might work
If all you need is an hour or two with note-pad in hand, we will infuse your garden with fresh perspective. We work with experienced gardeners who just need a few new ideas on how to re-order existing elements, or field-tested planting advice for a problem planting bed. Without crafting a full hand-drawn plan, we can create a workable action plan and pinpoint easy fixes.